The ICON-S Great Britain and Ireland Chapter is excited to release the Call for Papers for its conference The Constitutional Architecture of these Islands which will take place online on 26,27, and 28 April 2022.
To submit a proposal for a fully-formed panel or an individual paper, please send an abstract (100-150 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org; the closing date for receipt of abstracts is 20th February 2022.
The topics that might be addressed include, but are not limited to, the following:
▪ the review of the Human Rights Act and reforms to judicial review in the UK
▪ the changing architecture of devolution in the UK, as well as inter-governmental and
cross-jurisdictional relations in these islands
▪ Ongoing EU-UK relations
▪ whether there is a political settlement in the United Kingdom
▪ problems of legality, for example, as suspensions and derogations are sought in
respect of EU-UK and GB-NI arrangements, or in ensuring domestic compliance with
the Rule of Law
▪ the role of courts, executives, and legislatures in the renewed constitutional